Little Stars classes at Rising Star Academy of Arts are specially designed for our youngest students. These programs offer age-appropriate development in coordination, musical awareness, and listening skills while helping students implement their natural creativity and imaginations in a stress free fun environment. Students enrolling in Little Stars classes must meet the appropriate age requirement by December 31 of the current school year. Classes are held from September to June with a late intake in January (limited spots available). Please scroll down for more descriptions and details on our dance, music and theatre classes.Performing arts are a profound and important part of any child’s education, and the skills learned and experience gained in taking drama classes, having singing lessons or joining a dance school will affect and improve many of your child’s abilities in many areas of their life. Here are some of the many benefits:
- Developing creativity. Imaginative play stimulates and challenges the brain, and allows kids to be innovative and broad-minded
- Developing confidence. Strategies to help you get up in front of an audience and present an idea are extraordinarily valuable and very little appreciated in many areas of adult life, personally and professionally. Learning how as a child is a wonderful asset to have.
- Promoting self-discipline and self-motivation. Because all performing arts are physical and individual like doing sports or athletics, achievements are also gained from including practice at home and scheduling personal training,
- Exposure to art and culture. The impact of a sophisticated cultural and artistic education is life-long, and adds enjoyment, depth and meaning to both personal lives and professional work as adults. Not everyone is lucky enough to have the opportunity.
- Overcoming anxieties. The triumph of going out of stage, performing a rehearsed piece successfully, and receiving feedback afterwards is one of the profound and tangible reassurances of worth and achievement you will ever get. It gives kids a sense of control and power equivalent to winning scholastic prizes or sports championships, and will encourage aiming higher, overcoming more obstacles and achieving greater goals in future endeavours.
- Learning memorizing skills. Working on your ability to absorb and retain information is something many successful entrepreneurs recommend for the success of professional adults, and is important and fun to develop through performing arts.
- Improving language and musical skills. Like an exposure to culture and art, developing language and musical skills offer a significant advantage for any student, and make for a richer, more liberal-minded adulthood.
- Problem-solving. Dealing with unexpected situations and working through to viable solutions is a wonderful and perhaps surprising skill gained from performing arts classes, where creative challenges are set, self-generated work is encouraged, or problems encountered on stage are overcome if things go wrong or are forgotten.
- Social interaction and cooperation. Performing arts classes promote working as a team while also encouraging and developing individual talent: the best possible combination
Little Stars Dance Classes
Boys and girls improve their basic motor skills, body awareness, listening skills and explore creative expression in an imaginative & fun dance atmosphere that includes music, movement, games and songs while learning discipline, social skills and having fun. Students perform in our year end recital.
Saturday 10:30 am – 11:15 am
The curriculum is designed by internationally renowned master teachers and child development experts. Students perform in our year end recital.
Level 1 (age 4) Tuesday 6:15 pm – 7:00 pm, Saturday 11:15 am – 12:00 pm
Level 2 (age 5 & 6) Tuesday 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm, Saturday 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
An introduction to tap and jazz technical skills for boys and girls with a progression from creative movement to promote the development of motor skills, creative expression, self-motivation and discipline. This class is an excellent foundation for any type of dance form. Students perform in our year end recital.
Monday 6:45 pm – 7:30 pm.
Hip-Hop dance improves coordination while encouraging flexibility and isolations. Students discover rhythmic movement with emphasis placed on fitness and creativity. This is one of our most popular classes for boys and girls of all ages. Students perform in our year end recital.
Tuesday 6:15 pm – 7:00 pm
Little Stars Music Classes
This introduction to music for young children includes movement and musical instruments & rhymes and rhythms while learning basic music terminology and notes. Classes meet once per week for 45 minutes in a ten week session.
Beginning January 2018: Saturday 12:45 – 1:30 pm
Little Stars Theatre Classes
This class prepares students for musical theatre and drama classes by discovering rhythm and movement through songs and dance that are appropriate for boys and girls. They explore their feelings and emotions using their imaginations and introductory drama games. Students perform in our year end recital.Thursday 7:00 pm – 7:45 pm